Cross linked polystyrene was originally developed for the U.S. Military during World War II for use in coaxial cable connectors. There were two manufacturers sharing the market, Dow Chemical and General Electric. After the war, Dow Chemical passed their manufacturing rights of Q200.5 to the Polymer Corporation and General Electric sold their Texolite 1422 production facility to the Rex Corporation. The Rex Corporation chaged the name Texolite to Rexolite® and registered the trade name. It then passed in succesion to Brand Rex, Dodge Industries, Oak Materials, and Norplex Oak. With all these Manufacturers, the production of Rexolite® was limited to sheets up to two inches thick and rods up to four inches in diameter. During the early 1960's, C-Lec Plastics developed a process to produce stress free sheets up to 6 inches thick and rods up to 8 inches in diameter, creating a new market for cross linked polystyrene. C-Lec marketed this material as Dielco 100. In the mid 1970's, Norplex Oak terminated production of Rexolite® and passed the Trade Name rights to C-Lec Plastics . Additionally,in the mid 1990's the Polymer Corporation ceased the productionof their Q200.5 C-Lec has continued to improve production techniques through research and development and with computer control. Stress free castings more than 10 inches thick and 6 feet in diameter have been produced.